Oh my! When I started Stoveless, I had no idea how warm and welcoming the food blogosphere was. I’d only done a few posts on my personal blog about food, and photos of my stuff always got Tastespotting-rejected.
The other day, I was browsing Charles’ amazing (and recently updated!) Five Euro Food and to my great delight found not only incredible quince creations, but also a nomination for the Versatile Blogger award!
I guess the rules go something like:
- nominate 7 more bloggers
- give 7 factoids about yourself
Here goes!–in no particular order…
7 Versatile and Va-Va-Voomfabulous Bloggers
- Patrice At A Single Mom’s Adventure In Urban Homesteading–awesome mom, frugal foodie, and fabulous farmer.
- Adrienne at A Taster’s Notes–a supertaster par excellence introducing, describing and exploring a myriad of affordable, rare, or just plain adventurous wines…California-style!
- Debra at Culiblog–socially conscious, always inventive, ever-inspiring.
- Nick at Frugal Feeding–great recipes for us gourmands on a budget
- Jenna at Jenna’s Everything Blog–fabulous photos of her charmed life, but also very delicious and creative recipes!
- Cat at The Verdant Life–vegan, seasonal, organic: need I say more?
- Cynthia at Life As A Feast–long-time pal and fabulous pianist taking the California food world by storm, one restaurant and recipe at a time!
some short tidbits about yours truly:
- I’m from Davis, California born and raised, and went to school in Walla Walla, Washington (what a name!)
- Piano playing is one of my first loves, and I performed Prokofiev’s Third Concerto with my college orchestra
- I modeled for a Chinese T-shirt company in Beijing (!)
- This blog was started in conjunction with my exploration of GTD (Getting Things Done) and David Allen’s book of that title. I aim to focus on efficient, delicious, environmentally conscious cooking while integrating time management and organization into all aspects of my life!
- A dream of mine is to host “secret” dinner parties involving many handmade tealight lanterns, colorful tablecloths, and plenty of stoveless snacks! (maybe a few non-stoveless nibbles, too)
- My senior thesis was a painting series of Myspace photos from anonymous profiles
- I collect vintage clothing, beach rocks, and gum wrappers (don’t ask!)
and especially, thanks again to Charles for the nomination!